Monday, March 1, 2010

Mercy, Not Sacrifice

Is it just me, or does this text about Matthew just scream “STOP BEING SO JUDGMENTAL??!!!” Is it the mood I’m in this morning as I compose this? Could it be that I’ve overhead a conversation that irritated me in regards to this…or read a newspaper…or even worse…could it be that I experienced this within myself?? Heaven help us (and I DO mean ALL of us)!

Jesus reminds all of us this morning to be merciful, to stop dividing us versus them. To live together in Christian fellowship…for those of you who were at COS yesterday morning this might start sounding familiar, apparently I wasn’t quite done preaching yet!

Jesus says to Matthew “Follow Me”, and he is still asking us today, “Follow Me”. When we do just that we are not given an exclusive pathway that is just for us alone…no, we join many others on a pathway that is beautifully scattered with other souls that we have the privilege to journey beside. Thanks be to God we are not on the pathway alone!

*In the text today which person do you most resonate with?
*Have you chosen to Follow Christ?

1 comment:

  1. I fear I may often resonate with those who judge others...I pray it is just my human nature and I am always asking to be forgiven for thoughts and actions that are judgemental. However, I do whole-heartedly agree that those who are whole do not need a physician - yet none of are are wholly well without Christ!

    "I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back!"

    ReplyDelete