Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sons of Thunder

I love that James and John are referred to as "the sons of thunder"! In my head when I say that I hear an echo "thunder, thunder, thunder"....kind of like in big time wrestling, you know? Anyways...The fact that they are a bit impulsive...when people don't accept Jesus their solution is to rough them up... Now, you need to know that I'm not fond of this because I like violence and I think it's the answer to solving problems...because I don't. However, I love that these guys are normal and are shown in that way. They are human. As a matter of fact, in the book POP by Bishop-Driver he points out that John is transformed WHILE serving Jesus...not before. Well then...I guess I fit in just fine!

*What do you think of "the sons of thunder"?
*Do you find yourself thinking that you need to "transform" before you approach God or the church?

No comments:

Post a Comment