Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome Home

Hospitality....I love having people come to our home. I like fixing a good, home-cooked meal, I like sitting at the table with friends, I like laughing and telling stories, to hear their stories, to understand who they are and where they come from...I love all of it!

When I read this morning about Mary I think of her hospitality...but she was hospitable in a way that I could never understand...she was housing a prayer meeting...and then someone (Peter) who had just escaped prison (with the help of an angel!!!) shows up and gives them a message to pass along to the other believer's. Her hospitality, I suspect, could be more likened to those who ran the underground railroads that we have read about. Wow...what faith and brevity.

I wonder if we have ever had to be so brave about our faith in these days? Have you had an experience where you felt challenged and found it necessary to be bold to defend your faith in Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment