Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To share or not to share....

So...they were all hanging out together, living in community, and everything was shared. Their testimonies had great power, they were sharing the wonderful news of the resurrection of Jesus. Joseph gets his name changed to Barnabas (son of encouragement...what a great name!), he sells his field and donates the money to the cause...wow.

It sounds ideal, somehow, all working in sync. And Barnabas joins in, giving what he can to the cause...he enters in with all of his heart and all of his...well...field. We know later that Barnabas travels w/ Paul on many of his missionary journey's, helping others to come to know Christ.

I think I like this story because I love the concept of community. To journey together is what it's all about...we sang in church on Sunday "The Servant Song". I think it epitomizes this text today. Just click the center of the photo below to play the song. I hope this brightens your day. I hope your day is filled with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment