Tuesday, March 16, 2010

In the Middle

I'm not sure where or who the quote comes from...but I've appreciated it.

"The truth is in the middle."

Have you ever heard that before? Jesus tells Thomas that those who believe and haven't seen are blessed. So, when we act on faith, we take leaps towards believing the unseen, we are blessed. However, I also believe that we are to engage our thinking minds as well. Jesus lived a life of discipline and study, he knew the texts of the Hebrew Bible, he went to the temple with his family...and then on his own! In this I see value, too.

So, when we hear of Thomas engaging his logic...of getting the wrap "Doubting Thomas"...we might scoff at him, but I think our lives should be made up of a balance of knowledge and faith. I believe in the unseen, but I also attempt to take time to understand what is visible, as well. I believe that the truth is in the middle.

*Would you ever name yourself as a "Doubting Thomas"?

No comments:

Post a Comment