Thursday, March 4, 2010

A NEW DAY


It's a brand new day...in the moment that I write this the sun is rising (one of my favorite things in the world is a beautiful sunrise, by the way), I see BLUE sky, I have gotten enough sleep last night, our house is clean, my child is peacefully sleeping, my husband has kissed me goodbye and gone off to work...all feels right in my world in this moment. I want to freeze time...just freeze it for a bit....to enjoy the bliss.

I wonder if that is what Simeon felt...the fulfillment of God's promise to him had happened...he was meeting the Saviour, Jesus. What an amazing event...to be present at the consecration of Jesus...I thought Caleb's baptism was really amazing...can you imagination the blessing of Jesus???!!!!

I really believe that God intends good things for us all, for us to be fulfilled and happy. That doesn't mean that we won't experience suffering, but we should remember that sorrow may last for a night...but JOY comes in the morning.

*What do you have TODAY to be thankful for?
*Have you had a "Simeon" moment, when your hopes/plans were fulfilled?

ps...thanks for reading the blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment