Saturday, February 27, 2010

Parts of the Whole

The story of Caiaphas, the High Priest, reminds me of a large puzzle coming together. He is one piece of the whole in how the crucifixion of Christ took place. In the moments of that meeting, when the Pharisees called a meeting of the council, and the question was posed "What should we do?"...can you imagine if someone would have said..."Well...Jesus is wise and seems to have amazing insight. Maybe we should rethink this whole thing and should, perhaps, listen to him."

Of course, the prophets had foretold what was to come, and Caiaphas was responding to a prophesy that he had made...but it still makes us see that there were so many different moments of the story leading to the crucifixion, and how one moment may seem insignificant, but it leads to something larger.

I want to make my "moments" count. I hope that as I go along life's journey that I am able to realize, little by little, that I am building an entire life-time of moments.

*What will you do TODAY that will lead to something greater tomorrow? Will you connect w/ a friend? How about love and support your children? Will you do something to serve the church?

*Were the words of Caiaphas inevitable...or did he make a choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment