Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

God the Creator, Exodus 3

I'd like to meet God face to face...like Moses and the burning bush experience. Oh, I believe I've seen God in a variety of ways and places, in so many people and circumstances. But that day in the burning bush God, Yahweh, SHOWS UP. Yahweh...in the Hebrew language it's a verb, and it transcends time...in it is the past, present and the future. Amazing...

God gives Moses very specific instructions as to what he's supposed to do, and I think that's why I like the encounter. Even though Moses responds with hesistancy, God is confident.

I have certainly responded with hesitancy, even saying very similar things that Moses said, "Who am I that I should go to Pharoah and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" "Who am I that I should lead a Church into a new phase of it's journey?"

I'm so glad for the God that is in the past, present and future...the God that responds to Moses...and to me, "I will be with you."

Here are some questions to ponder...and I would love to hear your thoughts...feel free to respond to this blog and to the questions by posting!

*When have you encounted God?
*Have you ever responded with hesitancy?
*What is God calling you to in this day?
*What will you do during the season of Lent, especially, to respond to this call?

1 comment:

  1. I encounter God weekly in music and words of wisdom; I have encountered Him in the presence of friends on a dangerous/challenging road trip.


    Hesitancy? Me? I don't think so, but I could be putting off answering this question....

    Every day I take as an opportunity to see the good in things and people. God calls me to smile and compliment people as appropriate and to NOT be rude or inconsiderate - both are struggles some days.

    During this season of Lent, I am especially committed to taking care of my health and my body - it is a gift of God, created in his image and I have done a number on it! Time to regroup and get back to honoring it as HIS!

    ReplyDelete