Friday, April 2, 2010

I Hold You in My Heart

Timothy is known as Paul's "sidekick", working with him for 17 years...but he certainly had a resume of his own to brag about, and was an effective minister and evangelist in his own right. This text that we read this morning comes from Paul and Timothy, and it is a scripture that I have loved, especially as a Pastor who has left a congregation to move to another.

I especially appreciate the sentiment "you hold me in your hearts". I get that. There are people whom I love, especially those whom I don't always get to see, but my love for them still remains....and I hold them in my heart. I think of them, I pray for them, I give thanks for them.

Today is Good Friday, a day of pain and suffering. Remember, when we are journeying through some of our darkest, hardest times, we are held in the heart of God.

Peace to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment